Position Location: St. Louis or Remote opportunity
Position is based in the U.S. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Amplified Digital, a Digital Marketing Agency serving businesses nationwide, is quickly becoming known for creating integrated digital solutions that deliver what clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. We have an opportunity on our team for a Client Development Manager.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you have a passion for marketing and strategy and have what it takes to be on a winning team with the drive to go above and beyond?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and strategic marketing and sales professional to join our team. This individual will work directly with our team of sellers and leaders nationwide during all stages of the sales process, with a focus on strategic account growth. They will help pre-sale, helping to identify and initiate strategic business opportunities by providing industry and market intelligence to provide stronger value to potential customers. They will support incoming opportunities by facilitating the overarching marketing strategy and media recommendations put forth before clients, based on thorough needs analysis and in collaboration with insights and creative teams inside of Amplified Digital. They will work to develop a comprehensive and strategic proposal for the sales team to deliver, while having the ability to virtually assist in the proposal process as necessary. This individual will also assist post-sale by collaborating with our retention team to identify active client growth opportunities. The Client Development Manager will be responsible for engaging sales leadership on possible plans to increase strategic account growth as necessary.
We are looking for a highly motivated performer with ambition, passion, strategic thinking and creativity. You must have a deep understanding of marketing solutions, data and analytics, creative marketing and possess the ability to combine those components to tell a story and articulate value to the market sales team and end client, translating complex data and insights along the way. The ideal Client Development Manager looks at the sales team’s success as their own success with a focus on helping them to achieve their established revenue goals, as well as a constant eye on potential problems and proactive outreach to help provide resources when necessary.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Identify new and strategic business opportunities within key markets (with help from our Insights team), consulting with local markets to arm with the data necessary to successfully develop the relationship and ultimately secure a partnership
- Work with sales and leadership nationwide to uncover areas of improvement for strategic account growth
- Gain an extensive knowledge of our capabilities, specifically with PPC, SEO, programmatic display, email marketing, website development, mobile marketing, promotions, events, branded content and more.
- Facilitate the strategy and proposal for opportunities that need support from Client Development, specifically when it comes to utilizing data and insights to drive solution selection, creative messaging and overall recommendation visuals.
- Be able to help assist in client facing meetings to help support the justification behind strategy and recommendations
- Be able to interpret, translate, and visualize data and analytics in a way that a data novice would understand and in a manner that tells a story.
- Interpret performance metrics and indicators with existing customers in order to retain and grow monthly investment (with the help of our retention team!)
- Work closely with the Director of Client Development and Regional Sales Leadership to tactically drive company-wide goals and improve operational process.
- Stay informed of digital advertising best practices
Position requirements include:
- Advanced knowledge of online advertising sales including targeted display, SEO, SEM, social media, websites, streaming, mobile and analytics
- 3-5 years of agency, marketing, sales strategy or direct sales experience, preferably in the media space (digital, TV, radio, print, outdoor, etc)
- Passion for all things strategy, sales and storytelling with an ability to use critical thinking to solve challenges.
- Possess a proactive, self-starter, “hunter style” mentality
- Revenue and goal oriented
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven presentation skills to diverse audiences
- Superior time management skills – must be able to work independently and handle multiple ongoing tasks with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong team player and the ability to work with all departments in the organization
- Superior organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Extensive experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Extensive experience and proficiency using project management and/or CRM style tools/platforms
- Strong working knowledge of digital media performance analytics e.g., Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
Amplified Digital is a division of Lee Enterprises, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. Amplified Digital and Lee Enterprises are Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employers. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net. Equal Opportunity Employer.