As a Strategist – Research & Business Development, you will be responsible for conducting industry research that can be used by both pre-sale and post-sale departments and providing training to the sales teams on industry research, digital marketing strategies and best practices, as well as digital marketing products and services. You will also be responsible for creating and providing media plans that take into consideration a client’s goals, needs, and budget. This position will assist the sales and sales support teams with pre-campaign planning and recommendations. The position will work closely with sales team members and sales leadership to ensure that prospective clients are provided with information and proposals relating to their pre-sale requests, as well as with account managers and fulfillment members on post-sale campaign questions and support.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Answer all questions relating to pre-sale strategy, products, and capabilities
- Provide impression counts and segment availability
- Receive RFPs and build proposals/insertion orders
- Work with various teams & departments to help create and facilitate market training
- Make recommendations to sales based on information provided relating to the client’s goals, budgets, and needs
- Request quotes, from vendors, needed to complete proposals (i.e. video production)
- Review proposals with sales & sales support to ensure strategy and product mix is understood
- Provide updated information for proposals/recommendations after initial proposal meeting when requested
- Work with research tools to effectively utilize data in the proposals and contribute to knowledge bank
- Creation of case studies
- Share/present research findings with various internal and external teams
- Provide sales & sales support teams with updates on capabilities relating to strategy, segments, etc.
- Answer questions, from post-sales teams relating to proposals and rationale for accounts that sold
- 2+ Years of digital media planning experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience in digital media buying, agency sales or planning.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Extremely organized with excellent time management skills
- Strong MS Office proficiency
- Highly adaptable and comfortable in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape with a desire for continuous learning
- Prior experience with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, programmatic and Google Analytics
- Google Ads, Fundamentals and Analytics certification a plus
- Experience with research tools such as Ad Mall, IAB, Hubspot Research preferred
Amplified Digitalis a division of Lee Enterprises, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. Amplified Digital and Lee Enterprises are Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employers. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net. Equal Opportunity Employer.