Reports to: Project Development Manager
This position is not available for candidates seeking an employment visa sponsorship. Candidates must be eligible and authorized to work within the United States.
Amplified Digital, a Digital Marketing Agency serving businesses nationwide, is quickly becoming known for creating integrated digital solutions that deliver what clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. We are looking for a qualified candidate to lead the UI/UX design for our most sophisticated web projects and serve in a key role to aid our company in providing an exceptional client experience.
Amplified Digital’s UI/UX Designer is strategic, articulate and organized, as well as a team player who collaborates with our Creative Designers, Developers, Analysts, Content Writers, Project Managers, and Clients. The UI/UX designer sets the stage for our clients’ end-user experiences across multiple platforms and devices. This person will be driven by finding out how and why people use websites, how they interact with content, and how to lead the customer to conversion – and will use this information to create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, client feedback, and analytics findings.
The UI/UX Designer will create cohesive website and mobile application designs utilizing input from both the client and internal teams, working to understand project requirements and goals, and conceptualizing original website designs that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks, all while following industry best practices on layout, user-flow, goal conversion opportunities, content organization, and design. The UI/UX Designer will also partner with our Project Managers, Content team and the client to finesse language and messaging points for websites, to produce high-fidelity visual design for positive customer experiences.
Qualified candidates will flourish with experience with design software and wireframe tools, exceptional communication and organizational skills, strong interpersonal leadership and team skills, and be a self-starter with industry experience. If you have a portfolio of professional design projects, we’d like to meet you.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with clients, sales teams, strategists/planners, project managers and developers
- Conduct competitive analyses of client websites, as well as those operating in the same industry space, competitors, and client recommendations/samples
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems –
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of website conversion actions and conversion optimization tactics
- Illustrate design ideas and user journeys as required using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and appear
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages – A/B testing,
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, sliders, ecommerce carousels, etc.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to the development team
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and client stakeholders
- Conduct layout and design adjustments based on user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Adhere to client brand standards on fonts, colors and images
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science or at least 3 years of equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and common wireframe tools
- Excellent communicator, highly organized and detail driven professional with a strong sense of team spirit to collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, and planning