This position is not available for candidates seeking an employment visa sponsorship. Interested candidates must be eligible and authorized to work within the United States.
Amplified Digital, a Digital Marketing Agency serving businesses nationwide, is quickly becoming known for creating integrated digital solutions that deliver what clients value most: meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our Web Development team as a Web Development Team & Technology Manager, which will serve a key role that aids our company in providing an exceptional client experience.
Amplified Digital’s Web Development Team & Technology Manager is critical to the success of our client-centric organization. In this role, you will work with our team of function-conscious and creative thinkers to aid in paving the development and technology road into the future.
Serving as a mentor for our Web Developers, SEO Specialists, and Quality Assurance Specialists, you’ll lead a team that is developing and managing engaging customer experiences across a variety of web platforms and technologies. You’ll work closely with our Website Development, Project Management, SEO Specialists, Quality Assurance, Legal, and Product Development teams, as well as with other key stakeholders to shape the offerings and way that Amplified interacts with our clients. You’ll build high trust relationships with your team as you support their career development and the technical vision and launch plans for the team. You’ll bring your passion, experience and insights to this role and help shape the future of website offerings for our company.
To be successful in this role, you’ll characterize yourself as a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing projects involving multiple stakeholders. You will have a love of all elements related to websites and analytic data, and a passion for continual learning and sharing knowledge for the growth of a team. If you have a strong aptitude for bringing groups together, building bridges, organizing large technical projects, and managing various opinions and interests. If you combine that aptitude with recent and deep hands-on development experiences, then Amplified Digital and this role could be the perfect fit for you and your career.
- Oversee day to day activities of SEO Specialist, Quality Assurance team, and Web Development team.
- Including holding one on one’s with your team, recruiting and onboarding of new hires, and ongoing staff and 3rd party solution management
- Oversee website development queue, scheduling and resource allocations
- Update and create procedural documentation as needed
- Provide guidance and best practice methodology for Developers and Project Managers as needed
- Conduct training sessions with the Web Development, SEO, QA, and Project Management teams to teach and mentor them on best practices in development
- Develop the careers and technical capabilities of a team of Web Developers, QA specialists, and SEO Specialists across multiple technical areas and platforms
- Grow the team’s capabilities to deliver on the changing needs of Amplified’s clients and Lee’s business
- Drive the team to deliver and execute the technical and product roadmap for web development across a variety of technologies and features
- Contribute to the leadership team and our shared values of creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work community
- Understand and analyze effectiveness of overall business objectives and the technical implementation of Amplified’s client websites and web applications with the goal of performance optimization and improving user experience
- Build and maintain high trust relationships with global stakeholders
- Collaborate with eCommerce leadership, project management, product management and 3rd Party partners
- Understand and deliver highly integrated platforms for CMS, eCommerce, progressive web apps, and other experiences
- Identify opportunities for improvement in development practices and offer delivery
- Troubleshoot day to day technical issues that may arise, including via WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, and/or plugin conflicts
- Continuously research front-end development standards and best practices, make recommendations to management with regard to improving our offerings and development process
- Work with management to define, implement, and maintain development practices and procedures for web development projects that meet and exceed company and client goals
- Analyze, review and modify web team processes and practices by maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring various forms of data and functionality.
- Continuously analyze and audit development processes for improvement; make sound, logical recommendations and execute approved recommendations timely
- Author new user-facing features which enhance usability, accessibility and performance
- Coordinate the release of new products and initiatives with all relevant stakeholders
- Own the technical roadmap and evolution of web development in coordination with management teams, product, and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to ensure the technical feasibility of user interface and user experience designs.
- Assist in website scope development, including interfacing with clients
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal technical consulting
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director and/or Senior Director
- Occasional travel may be required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality as required by the position
- Give great attention to detail and follow instructions
- Excellent critical thinking, problem resolution and interpersonal skills
- Possess and maintain server optimization knowledge
- Flexible in work hours as activities may occur outside normal business hours
- 5+ years of development experience with the last 1+ years in a leadership or management role
- 1+ years of eCommerce development experience
- Expert level WordPress and Shopify experience
- Demonstrated experience growing the careers and practices of a team
- Demonstrated experience leading projects on a global scale