Position Location – Davenport, IA. Visa Sponsorship is not an option for this position.
The Technical Development Manager is critical to the success of Amplified’s website development and fulfillment organization. In this role, you will work with our team of function-conscious and creative thinkers to coordinate a white glove website experience.
Serving as a mentor for our Web Developers and Quality Assurance Specialists, your primary focus will be to provide day to day support and guidance to an energized team of forward thinkers. You will also focus on the quality of the web products we produce, the stability of the environments our websites are living in, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Oversee day to day activities of Technical Specialist, Quality Assurance team, and Web Development team. Tasks to include periodic one on one time, on-boarding of new Developers, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance and best practice methodology for Developers and Project Managers as needed
- Troubleshooting day to day issues that may arise and include WooCommerce and/or plugin conflicts
- Assist in website quoting activities, including interfacing with our clients
- Management of the WordPress platform & vendor relationship
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal technical consulting
- Stays up to date on new and emerging technologies, and guides Amplified on how these new technologies can be used to benefit our day to day operations
- Schedule and resource allocation
- Update and create procedural documentation as needed
- Build and maintain knowledge of relevant industry trends, and regulations
- Vendor management
- Server optimization knowledge and experience
- Flexible in work hours as activities may occur outside normal business hours
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director and/or Senior Director
- Occasional travel may be required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality as required by the position
- Gives attention to detail and manages own workday
- Excellent critical thinking, problem resolution, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
Amplified Digital is a division of Lee Enterprises, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. Amplified Digital and Lee Enterprises are Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employers. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net. Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Online