Location: Davenport, IA – possible remote opportunity. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Amplified Digital is looking for an experienced website developer and designer to join our talented development team!
Website Developers for Amplified Digital come ready a with strong understanding of latest industry trends and content management systems (CMS). In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building/coding websites for our clients – from layout to function – according to each client’s specifications, as well as modifying and updating live websites. You will be working closely with our talented team of Developers and Designers, Project Managers, and our Technology Manager, who collaborate on each project to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
Position Requirements Include:
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, & WordPress (or other CMS applications like Drupal or Joomla)
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- 2+ years of experience in design, web development or CMS
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, while accurately setting and meeting deadlines
- Problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
- Experience manipulating and customizing CMS themes
- Comfortable adding/troubleshooting various CMS plugins and add-ons
- Experience with Photoshop or other photo editors
- Highly dependable, very organized, able to work independently as well as with teams and a project manager.
- Able to speak with clients, via phone or face to face, to gather information regarding website creation and needs.
- Provide accurate time estimations regarding website builds and maintenance
Criteria that will set you apart:
- Experience building responsive websites
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor, such as Sass
- Understanding of basic SEO and analytics principles
- Experience with WooCommerce
Candidates are strongly encouraged to share a portfolio showcasing skills in page design and/or functionality. Amplified has an immediate need for a developer and designer at our Davenport location, but will accept a remote employee for the ideal candidate. Visa Sponsorship is not an option for this position.
Amplified Digital is a division of Lee Enterprises, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. Amplified Digital and Lee Enterprises are Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employers. For more information about Lee, please visit www.lee.net. Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Online