Mobile & Smartphone Search – Why it Matters to Your Business“Mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, are gaining market share, They’re now people’s go-to tool for communicating, emailing, social networking, checking the time, killing time, taking photos and – increasingly – finding and researching products, services and businesses.” – Vfocus.com
10 Mind Blowing Smartphone Search Statistics
- 45 percent of users between 18 and 29 use mobile search daily (Icebreaker Consulting)
- Across all industries, mobile traffic is increasing by 3.5 percent per month (Televox)
- The number of local searches on mobile devices quadrupled in 2012 (Local Search Association)
- Of the estimated 30 billion annual mobile searches, about 12 billion are local searches (Search Engine Land)
- Tablet users access search 73.9 percent of the time, more than any other activity (eMarketer)
- Local mobile searches (85.9 billion) are projected to exceed desktop searches (84 billion) for the fist time in 2015 (eMarketer)
- 77 percent of mobile searches occur at home or work—even if a PC is nearby and readily available (Search Engine Land)
- 40 percent of mobile searches happen between 6pm and 12pm (MarketingPilgrim)
- Of mobile searches, 40 percent occur on tablets and 60 percent on smartphones (Icebreaker Consulting)
- 81 percent of people prefer mobile search for its convenience and speed (Vocus Blog)
By the end of 2013, your marketing may look antiquated if you haven’t adopted a marketing plan that appeals to smartphone and tablet users. You should consider how mobile and tablet users see and use your website, does it include responsive design, do the pages load correctly, etc. You should also consider how people find you online. do you show up in search results, are you appealing to the mobile & tablet crowd via targeted mobile & tablet advertising, etc.
Don’t Have a Mobile Website?
Amplified Digital offers Unique & User Friendly Mobile Website Design. Click below or Contact Us today for a customized mobile website quote or to learn more about mobile website development.
Mobile Website Development
How Mobile Search Impacts the Restaurant & Food Industry
Restaurants and food outlets are among the top businesses that stand to benefit most from the boom in mobile search, as dining out is often an impulse decision made while on the go. The mobile revolution has also affected the way we go out and eat, highlighted by the widespread use of apps like Yelp, Foursquare, and Foodspotting.
According to a recent study, the restaurant industry is the most often searched by mobile phone users. The study found that within the last six months, 81% of respondents had searched restaurant information through a mobile site and 92% had reviewed restaurant information through a web browser.
5 Top Mobile Statistics for the Food & Restaurant Industry:
- 75% of consumers often choose a restaurant to dine at based on search results
- 80% of consumers think it’s important to see a menu before they dine at a restaurant
- 84% of consumers are likely to look at more than one restaurant before choosing where to dine
- 70% of consumers think it is important to be able to read the menu of a restaurant on a mobile device
- 62% of consumers are less likely to choose a restaurant if they can’t read the menu on a mobile device
What does that mean for your business? Most of your potential customers are searching on their mobile device for information and/or a menu before making a decision. In order to have a chance to make the sale, you have to be found in the mobile landscape, so you have to be Mobile Ready!