Have you ever considered introducing text message marketing, also known as SMS marketing, to your promotional strategy? Text message marketing is a valuable solution with 96% of Americans owning a cellphone and 81% using smartphones. It’s a straightforward way to reach your customers directly and get your message out efficiently. In today’s post, we’ll break down the benefits of SMS marketing, how to build a list, and even share our “10 Steps for Successful Text Message Marketing” guide for downloading. Let’s jump right in!
When you consider the majority of the country owns a cellphone and is constantly on the go, the benefits of text message marketing truly outweigh any disadvantages. Here are six benefits when considering adding SMS marketing to your marketing strategy mix.
Reach Customers Directly: Sending customers a direct message is the fastest way to reach them and can be supplemented by other advertising to build lists. In fact, text messages are opened up to 98% of the time when sent to customers, making the open rate even higher than emails.
Increase Sales & Revenue: Text message marketing is a cost effective way to reach many people at once. On slow days, you can quickly and easily announce to customers of new inventory or seasonal goods to help drive business.
Build Customer Loyalty: Not only does SMS marketing make it easier for you to engage with customers, but it also makes it easier for customers to engage with you! Gain repeat visitors through exclusive, VIP-like offers and redeemable coupons.
Raise Customer Satisfaction: Communicate effectively and share important information about special hours, closures, or changes to operations so your customers are never left in the dark.
Increase Engagement: Help raise attendance at events (virtual and in-person), open houses, or seminars by getting the word out early and sending reminders to purchase tickets.
Transparent Reporting: Know how many customers received your message, how many new customers you’ve gained, and how customers want to receive your messages.
Building Your List
Now that you know all of the benefits of text message marketing, it’s time to build your list with these easy steps!
- Make a post on your Facebook and Instagram. This is a fast and easy way to reach your current audience at no additional cost.
- Post to your website, letting people who visit see that they can opt in to get exclusive offers and updates.
- Utilizing email or newsletters? Include your sign-up information in your next newsletter.
- Interact with your customers when they’re checking out at your business. This is the perfect time to mention your new VIP text program!
- Word of mouth — tell everyone about it and encourage your staff to do the same!
- Try a gift card giveaways to incentivize your customers to sign-up.
- Use a local or online print shop to make banners and business cards to display at your store. Don’t forget to include a QR code to make it even easier for sign-ups.
- Something simple, but effective is simply printing on the bottom of your receipts.
- Work with your local newspaper rep to include on any print or digital ads that are running through the paper!
Think you’re ready to jump into text message marketing, but still need some help? Simply fill out the form below and we will send you our “10 Steps for Successful Text Message Marketing” guide! As always, Amplified Digital is here to help. Contact our team today and let us help you start reaching customers directly.
[hubspot type=form portal=6728858 id=a032b38a-9a49-47ec-9649-1754f68c546b]